|Location:||Lockwood, NY (14859)|
|Company:||The Guthrie Clinic|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Posted:||5 days ago|
To chat with a Recruiter about this job click HERE!
$15,000 sign on bonus for qualified Registered Nurses!
Position Details: Full Time - Days - 40 hours per week - Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital
Position Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Essential functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
Education, License & Cert: Registered Nurse in the State of Practice. Start of BSN program within 1 year of hire and completed within 4 years of hire required. BSN in Nursing preferred. Any previously agreed upon effective date for obtaining a Bachelors's degree in nursing between individuals and facilities will remain in effect. Any collective bargaining contract with specific time frames for obtaining a Bachelor's degree in nursing will supersede the above point and will remain in effect.
Experience: The Registered Nurse must be a graduate nurse eligible to take the state board examination or a registered nurse currently licensed in the state of employment and must complete an IV challenge examination as outlined by the hospital within the orientation period. In addition, the Registered Nurse must meet the individual nursing unit specifications regarding educational requirements during employment. Must maintain CPR certification and practice. ACLS is unit dependent. Nursing Unit specifications regarding educational requirements during employment.
. Employs Nursing Professional Practice: Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements, and evaluates patients' care. Develops updates and coordinates the patients' plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the continuum. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Performs and maintains the currency of essential competencies as required by a specific area of hire and population served.
2. Advocates: Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values, and beliefs of those we serve.
3. Facilitates Learning: Fosters a learning environment for patients/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team, including student; Facilities formal and informal learning for patients/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
4. Aligns Practice with Safety and Quality: Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety, and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
5. Engages in Professional Development: Engages in ongoing professional development; practices at the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates, and disseminates research and evidence-based practice.
6. Leader in Practice Setting & Community: demonstrates leadership as change agents using the collaborative leadership skills of advocacy, influence and innovation. In partnering with colleagues appropriately delegates, coordinates care, and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession.
7. It is understood that this description is not intended to be all-inclusive and that other duties may be assigned as necessary in the performance of the position.
8. Participates in the planning and presentation of educational programs.
Other Duties: 1
. Proficiency in Information Technology, such as electronic health records, communication systems, computers, and equipment necessary to perform essential functions of the position.
2. Skilled to work with a wide range of staff as part of an interdisciplinary team, including physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff.
3. Ability to use independent, critical judgment in all aspects of patient care delivery.
4. Demonstrated interpersonal skills that convey a positive and supportive attitude.
5. Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities, urgent responses, and challenging situations.
Benefits Summary: A nursing career with Guthrie means being a part of a focused organization that provides each team member an opportunity to advance and grow. We have invested in resources to empower our employees to succeed and use their passion and talent to provide excellence.
You take care of our patients. We take care of you.
Joining the Guthrie team allows you to become a part of a tradition of excellence in health care. In all areas and at all levels of Guthrie, you'll find staff members who have committed themselves to serving the community.
The Guthrie Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 500 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.